Tuesday 27 October 2015

Travel : Barcelona Day 3 (Last Part)

So,this is the last part of day 3 in Barcelona.After spent the whole noon at Park Güell,our stomach called for some food,so we went to La Rambla again because the day before I saw several halal restaurants and because I wanted to visit the local market selling various products ranging from food,vegetables to meat and poultry as it was closed on Sunday when we were there.

This food market is called La Boqueria,opposite to the Erotic Museum on the street of La Rambla.If you come from the direction of Place de Catalunya,you will see the market on the right side.

This market is so colorful and I was so excited to see many products made of local fruits in various colors.I bought the mango-coconut juice for only 1.50 Euro and it tasted marvelous.And then I bought some fruit cuts from another stall.I literally wanted to buy all juices available because it was so juicy and sweet :P

Oh,we came again here on our last day because I wanted to satisfy my craving of buying another cup of fruit juice :P

The fresh juices at very very reasonable price

And the fruit cuts too



After La Boqueria,we walked some more to find a place for lunch and came upon this one halal indian restaurant.Had a quick lunch there since Alayna was a bit cranky and after that we walked to the funicular station going up the Montjuic not far from the restaurants.This is another famous tourist destination in Barcelona.There is an old castle and what's interesting about this place is that the visitors can have a clear view of the harbour and the seaside from up there.

We spent quite some time up here before we walked down from the mountain passing the Olympic stadium and walked some more towards the direction of Font Magica de Montjuic,unfortunately the fountain didn't run that day,so we walked until Plaça d'Espanya and took the metro back to the hotel.

The harbour as seen from Montjuic




On the way down the hill

The Barcelona Olympic 1992 memorial tower

The freaking big National Art Museum

Near Font Magica de Montjuic

It was the toughest and most tiring day for me because we hiked up the hills a lot on that day starting from Park Güell to Montjuic.So,after getting back to the hotel I just wanted to rest myself and my feet while my husband went outside again that night with Alayna bringing me back some coffee.Oh,so sweet :)
 
Till then people.Have a nice week!

1 comment:

  1. Teringat pula bila tgk La Boqueria ni, best tgk makanan kat market dia org yg bersih, kemas & teratur.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by !